Welcome to our website.
The Caucus is a group of public health practitioners with an interest in
lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered persons' public health issues.
The Caucus has been in official relations with the American Public Health Association
(APHA) since its inception in 1975.
What are the goals of the Caucus?
- To provide a forum for supportive educational interchange among lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered public health practitioners.
- To provide an opportunity for public health practitioners and other healthcare workers to learn about lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered persons' health issues.
- To improve health care for LGBT individuals by combating discriminatory practices in all health organizations and systems.
- To ensure that lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender health issues are addressed in policy debates.
What are the Caucus Activities?
- We sponsor programs and sessions at annual APHA meetings.
- We produce a semi-annual newsletter (including up-to-date information regarding annual meetings).
- Call for abstracts relevant to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender health issues.
- Sessions to conduct Caucus business and policy review during the annual meeting.
- Social activities during meetings and relevant conferences.